Brindabella Airlines selects Commsoft OASES
01 Oct 2012
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, developers of one of the world’s leading aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is delighted to announce that Australian regional operator, Brindabella Airlines, (www.brindabella-airlines.com.au) is to join the growing list of users of its Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System (OASES). The agreement also covers the fleet of Brindabella’s sister company, Aeropelican Air Services; (www.aeropelican.com.au) both companies being a part of Business Air Holdings Group.
Headquartered in Canberra, Brindabella operates a fleet of two Jetstream 41s and five Metro III regional airliners whilst Aeropelican, based in Newcastle, operates three Jetstream 32s. Currently in the process of aligning their operations, Brindabella and Aeropelican together serve regional communities throughout Queensland, New South Wales, A.C.T. and Victoria.
Commsoft’s OASES is designed to combine ease of use with a technical sophistication that allows for the full integration of all maintenance and engineering functions. Using a dual standalone hot/cold server set up, Brindabella will be running the following OASES modules: Airworthiness, Planning, Core, Materials Management and Production. With plans for future business growth, Brindabella is also keen to ensure the full integration of OASES into its wider business policy and practices.
Nick Godwin, Commsoft’s Managing Director, commented:
“With its large base of regional airline operations, Australia is a key target market for us, so we are very pleased that Brindabella and Aeropelican have opted for OASES for their maintenance and engineering operations. Their decision will undoubtedly help us to raise our profile among regional operators across the country.”
Notes to Editors
About Brindabella Airlines
- Brindabella Airlines, founded in 1994, is now owned by Business Air Holdings, an airline investment group with a particular interest in regional airline services.
- Headquartered in Canberra, Brindabella offers over 150 flights per week to destinations including Canberra, Cooma, Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Tamworth, Cobar, Sydney and Brisbane.
- Brindabella also regularly operates charter flights for football teams, musicians, business groups, emergency services personnel and government representatives.
About Aeropelican Air Services
- Aeropelican, which operated its first scheduled flight in 1971, is now owned by Business Air Holdings, an airline investment group with a particular interest in regional airline services.
- Based in Canberra, Aeropelican currently serves the following New South Wales locations: Sydney, Narrabri, Newcastle, Mudgee and Brisbane.
- Aeropelican also offers a charter service.
The following related PDF documents are available for this news item.