INAER Selects Commsoft’s OASES to Manage the Italian Government’s Fleet of Fire Fighting Aircraft
19 Dec 2012
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
- Commsoft supports aircraft maintenance organisations with high quality, affordable MRO IT systems
- INAER Aviation Italia SPA is part of the Avincis Group, headquartered in the UK
- INAER Aviation Italia SPA will use Commsoft’s OASES software to manage 19 fire fighting aircraft based at Rome Ciampino Airport and deployed at locations across Italy
- OASES is one of the world’s most successful aviation engineering and maintenance systems, used by over 50 organisations globally
Press Release – Wednesday 19th December 2012
Communications Software (Airline Systems) Limited (“Commsoft”) www.commsoft.aero, provider of market leading software systems for aircraft maintenance announces today that INAER Aviation Italia SPA (“INAER”) www.inaer.it will be implementing the Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System (“OASES”) to operate the Italian government’s fleet of fire fighting aircraft.
INAER, an international specialist fleet services operation, has signed an initial 20 concurrent user deal for the use of OASES to manage 19 Bombardier CL-415 water-bombers based at Rome Ciampino Airport, owned by Protezione Civile Nazionale.
OASES is a sophisticated, user-friendly tool that can be deployed efficiently into any aircraft maintenance environment. Combining vast experience of the aviation and IT industries, Commsoft offers software that utilises cutting edge technologies to increase efficiency and drive down costs for users. OASES will be used to support all CAMO activities and line maintenance support across a network of dispersed operating sites as well as inventory and heavy base maintenance work at Rome Ciampino and Lamezia.
The new OASES commercial module will also be deployed and OASES will interface with business critical systems such as SAP.
Nick Godwin, Managing Director at Commsoft, commented: “I am delighted that INAER Aviation Italia has selected OASES. The CL-415 water bomber fleet has many unique characteristics, which require specific monitoring in a MRO IT system and OASES is ideally suited for these. The seasonal nature of the fire fighting operations with their intense periods of line operation and base maintenance pose many challenges and our implementation team will be working closely with INAER’s experts to be ready for these.”
Roberto de Pompeis, General Director at INAER added: “INAER provides a vital service in a very challenging environment. After extensive evaluation of OASES and Commsoft’s implementation support, we are happy that we have found a good fit to our highly demanding needs.”
Commsoft is headquartered in Essex, with four regional centres in the UK, an international office in Australia and a technical support office in India. Commsoft’s systems are used by national and regional carriers, third party maintainers, cargo specialists, charter operators and specialist rotable stockists based all over the world.
For Further Information:
Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd
M +44 (0)7739 461 061
T +44 (0)844-822-1658
Notes to Editors:
1. Communications Software was formed as a software house in 1971 and won its first airline contract in 1975
2. Commsoft is headquartered in Tiptree, Essex and has four additional offices in the UK and one in Australia
3. Commsoft’s market leading product, OASES is utilised in around 50 airlines and maintenance organisations internationally to support 70 aviation operations
1. The OASES system has a wide array of services ranging from implementation support, user training, system tailoring, as well as day-to-day help desk, maintenance support and update release services
2. All of these services together provide the user with the professional service and reliability our customers have come to expect
3. The product is constantly improved and refined in collaboration with airline and aircraft maintenance clients
4. This has been proven worldwide in a variety of live maintenance environments from large LINUX systems to PC networks
5. OASES has been approved for use under FAA, EASA and various national CAA approvals
About Avincis Group
INAER Aviation Italia is part of the Avincis Group, the world’s leading provider of mission critical aviation services. The Group’s mission is to save lives, protect the environment and provide safe transport for mission critical people and assets for public services and blue chip corporations.
Avincis has a global footprint which includes the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Ireland, Norway, Australia, Chile and Peru. The Group operates around 350 rotary and 50 fixed-wing aircraft, from 295 bases in ten countries. Avincis employs almost 3,000 people worldwide and at end 2011 had an annualised turnover of €521 million (£421 million). The Group is headquartered in London.
For more information, visit www.avincisgroup.com