Flatirons Solutions provides a technical content management platform that transforms complex data into actionable information, driving measurably higher productivity, asset utilization, and compliance levels. We provide solutions and expertise that organizations need to harness their most complex data, optimize their business processes, and create compelling digital experiences. Entering uncharted territory, forging new partnerships, and envisioning groundbreaking solutions, we make a difference in how organizations operate and make users’ lives simpler and more efficient. To provide global support we staff employees in 8 countries with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The Flatirons platform is the leading technical content and maintenance task management solution developed specifically for aircraft fleets, MROs, and OEM Manufacturers who rely on mission-critical data to design, manufacture, operate, or maintain complex assets over their product and service lifecycles as well as across multi-echelon business networks.
For nearly 30 years, the world’s leading airlines, aerospace manufacturers, OEMs, and Defense organizations have trusted Flatirons to create, manage, and deliver large volumes of technical information throughout an asset’s lifecycle. Today, global companies depend on us to modernize their IT infrastructures, improve customer satisfaction, and maintain their competitive advantage.
With Flatirons, we host, manage, and deliver your airline technical content, so you can focus on what you do best. You can now take charge of your data and make changes when you require them without relying on an OEM. And with our maintenance task management capabilities, you can quickly turn your content into actionable tasks and view them on any mobile device or desktop anytime, anywhere.
Our Fleet, MRO, and Manufacturer Editions are customized to fit your industry needs. They are configured with all the necessary modules—from content management to interactive publication to process management. Flatirons solutions make you more productive, automate tasks, reduce overhead, and lower overall operating costs.
Flatirons Fleet Pro Edition – Designed for Large Airlines
Our Flatirons Fleet Pro Edition is a cloud-based subscription service designed for large airlines that features a suite of application modules designed to address mixed-fleet, multi-engine, and multi-spec operators’ unique maintenance content challenges. It provides complete and streamlined management of extensive multi-OEM and multi-spec data sets, such as ATA iSpec 2200 and S1000D. Fleet Pro gives aircraft operators complete control of their technical data for all fleets, engines, and components and manages that information in one place for improved maintenance productivity.
- Supports the most extensive fleet and engine publication types across many major manufacturers, including Boeing, Airbus, GE, Rolls Royce, Safran/CFM, and Pratt & Whitney; Enables you to consolidate your technical information management requirements into a single system.
- Provides seamless, single-system access to airframe, engine, and component publications through the Flatirons Pinpoint module’s advanced IETP viewer
- Allows technicians to access and complete work cards on mobile devices via an electronic inbox/work queue and electronic sign-off features through the Flatirons eTaskcard module
- Combines native support for widely adopted aviation specifications, including iSpec 2200, 2300, S1000D, and Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) through the Flatirons Studio module’s XML-based content creation capabilities; Studio provides technical authors with a feature-rich, WYSIWYG, guided XML editing environment that is easy to install, use, and configure
- Enhances operational efficiency by providing greater visibility of every step of the workflow process from the point of introduction of any change request analysis, approval process, re-route, and activity reassignment through Flatirons Insight module’s Business Process Management (BPM) tool
- Manages content at a more granular level than the document level, allowing users to track not only versions of content but also multifaceted relationships among topics, graphics, publications, and other regulated content through Flatirons Knowledge Center module’s powerful CMS
Fleet Pro allows you to control your content to improve Technician Efficiency, Aircraft Utilization, and Compliance, empowering technicians to find the correct information at the right time to get aircraft back into revenue-generating service rapidly
Flatirons Fleet Edition – Designed for Mid-Sized to Small Airlines
We offer the Flatirons Fleet Edition if you only need interactive publications viewing with simple in-line editing capabilities instead of the Fleet Pro edition’s full-service abilities. Fleet Edition allows airlines to revise and deliver the latest maintenance documents to desktops, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Cloud-based subscription service optimized for small to mid-sized airlines features a suite of application modules designed to address mixed-fleet, multi-engine, and multi-spec operators’ unique maintenance content challenges.
- Flatirons Pinpoint module is the advanced IETP viewer that provides seamless, single-system access to airframe, engine, and component publications
- AMM, EMM, CMM, and the AIPC/EIPC to capture and distribute your maintenance best practices and operational experience to your entire workforce.
By offering single-system access to the information needed to service multi-manufacturer aircraft, engines, and components, Flatirons Fleet is the ideal cloud-based, cost-effective offering for small to mid-size airline maintenance organizations.
Flatirons Fleet Edition- Flight Operations Module
The Flatirons Flight Operations module contains a set of applications that helps airlines create, optimize, deliver, and consume flight operations manuals, company manuals, and other documentation critical for flight crews using Apple’s iPad, Microsoft Surface, or Android tablets.
- Quickly deploys to various tablets and facilitates 100% regulatory compliance.
- Reduce dependency on paper, eliminate the weight of flight bags, and lower fuel consumption and fuel costs by efficiently deploying flight operations and company manuals to the iPad
- Give your flight crews fast access to the most current information available by rapidly deploying information to thousands of iPad users across geographically dispersed locations
- Make it easier for crews to find the right information quickly by letting them make personal notes and adding bookmarks in digital manuals
- Facilitate regulatory compliance and reporting by automatically tracking and auditing crew acknowledgment of updates and changes
- Improve the consistency and accuracy of flight operations and company manuals by using a single source of reusable information
- Make it easier for authors to create, edit, and disseminate information by using a streamlined workflow and implementing version control using a content management system
Flatirons MRO Edition
The Flatirons MRO Edition manages aerospace technical information to meet the specific needs of technicians and workers in maintenance repair organizations. Airlines and MRO repair stations can easily manage their end-to-end content lifecycle management of technical manuals, libraries, engineering orders, service bulletins, task cards, and visit packages. You always get the right information at the right time to the right people.
- Maintenance program tasks – Work in an intuitive, browser-based environment to create, edit, search, and report on tasks to establish and maintain approved maintenance programs.
- Job cards – Create, edit, and search job cards used to perform routine maintenance. Reuse content from manuals and other work cards to eliminate duplication and increase efficiency.
- Mobility – Electronically sign off and track work card completion to improve productivity and reduce the cost of printing, scanning, and storing hard copies; Supplement electronic sign-off with valuable user feedback in data field entries; Instantly create non-routine tasks and automatically carry forward and track accomplishment and reconciliation.
- Engineering projects – Create collections of engineering job cards to accomplish required inspections and modifications using intuitive Web forms.
- Service Bulletins – Convert SB work sections into job cards to eliminate the re-keying of instructional content.
- Maintenance Visit Management – Import maintenance visit requirements from existing scheduling systems. Automatically assemble required job cards based on visit requirements. Batch print maintenance visits to system printers using the included print management server. Build, assemble, and launch the execution of printed or electronic work packages.
- Coordinated access to panel open/close, Auto-populate access to panel cards during visit creation; only panels required for that visit will be listed, along with the list of job cards requiring access through that panel
Contact us today to schedule a solution demonstration.