Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 11th February 2016) and see a full overview and as-live software demonstration of the ground breaking new live EFB Weather App from SITAONAIR: EFB Weather Awareness Solutions (eWAS). As you will see during the Webinar, the EFB Weather App sends real-time, live weather data (turbulence, thunderstorms, icing, etc.) in 4D graphical form, direct to Electronic Flight Bags (EFBs) during all phases of flight; letting pilots track and avoid bad weather so they can re-route the flight to make it more efficient.
The Webinar begins with the SITAONAIR experts providing a full overview of the EFB Weather App and its key features. You will learn how the solution is actively being tested by airlines across Europe and Asia and is available on all mobile, tablet or other EFB devices. The solution provides pilots with key, real-time access to live weather both for the flight briefing phase (using WiFi or 3G / 4G), as well as in-flight via a legacy ACARS link or secure broadband cockpit connectivity. It can also be updated at the gate using a 3G or 4G mobile data phone link and is compatible with any EFB Hardware, including both Apple and Windows devices, as well as major avionics systems. As you will see the solution is therefore suitable for all airlines and aircraft operators, operating any fleet.
Next you will learn how the easy to use functionality and quick access via their different devices means that the solution quickly becomes part of the pilot’s routine. You will also hear about the significant operational benefits of avoiding dynamic weather conditions… such as reducing fuel burn and emissions, plus any potential damage to the aircraft; as well as enhanced safety and passenger comfort.
The Webinar is divided into 3 key areas:
- Demo 1: Pilot’s walkthrough demo of EFB Weather App: You will see how the pilot navigates the App’s graphically optimized view, specifically designed for commercial pilots, of live weather information for the entire flight. It provides a 4D view of the weather, covers both horizontal and vertical planes, as well as the direction of the weather’s movement. You will see how the pilot can plan the most efficiency route to avoid dynamic weather conditions.
- Demo 2: Specific Weather Situations – Turbulence & Thunderstorms: This demo will show you a use case situation and how the solution assists pilots when specific weather is forecast on their route including turbulence and thunderstorms
- Full EFB Weather App Overview & Airline Case Studies / typical deployments: You will see a full overview of the app, including connectivity and EFB integration options. Also using demos of the solution you will see how a number of airlines are typically using eWAS and the benefits they are realizing from that use.
- An introduction to SITAONAIR
- A full overview of SITAONAIR EFB Weather Solution: eWAS
- Key real Use Cases
- Product Demonstration of the EFB Weather app
- Questions and Answers
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here