An Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) is more than just an application on a device. It is a solution based on a sophisticated IT infrastructure, a lot of secure processes and a great deal of experience. During the Webinar the Modern.Work experts show you how their popular EFB solution, Logipad, greatly optimizes EFB business processes on the ground as well as in-flight.
Register to view this On-Demand Webinar (recorded 7th July 2016) to see a full overview and system demo of Logipad – designed to seamlessly maintain and update all key documents, manuals, data, charts and Apps on all EFB devices for each specific flight, including a demo of how pilots can use a single-sync solution to ensure they have all the information they need prior to take-off. You will also learn about how to speed up EFB processes through moving the IT infrastructure to the cloud, using sophisticated business computing services and how all this functionality and optimizations greatly enhances critical EFB security.
The demo of Logipad follows the processes currently used by airlines such as Air Astana, Virgin Atlantic and Ethiopian Airlines and show you how the Logipad single-sync solution assists Flight Operations (OCC) to ensure their pilots have the latest documents and critical EFB data inc: manuals, briefings, reports, news, forms, charts, 3rd party Apps (such as Lido and Jeppesen for Charts and Boeing OPT) on all their EFB devices before take-off. This ensures regulatory compliance and huge increases in efficiency. You will also see from a pilot’s view-point how they can easily access all their key updated EFB data in one location / App and with one click, before, during or after each flight.
The Logipad Demo takes you on a step-by-step guide for a specific flight:
- Step 1 – Flight Operations Ground Process: See how Flight Operations (OCC) can define their key content for each flight, upload the content, assign roles for the flight (confirming pilots, etc.) and then release the content for distribution to the key personnel involved with this flight.
- Step 2 – Pre-Flight, Pilots synchronizing their iPads: Pilots use 3G, LTE, WiFi, etc – and a simple single-sync, single click process to download and ensure they have all relevant and up-to-date documentation for their upcoming flight, inc: charts, manuals, documents, third party apps, etc.
- Step 3: Pre-Flight, Pilots Document Confirmation: Once the pilots have downloaded their documents and data an alert is sent to Flight Operations (OCC) that everything has been received.
- Step 4: Pre-Flight, Pilots access Flight Facts / eBriefing: Pilots access their flight facts and e/Briefing such as OPT, NOTAMS, Weather Charts, etc. via their Logipad App.
- Step 5: In-Flight, pilots can access 3rd Party Apps & eForms – Inflight, Pilots can access their critical EFB Apps within Logipad, such as Lido and Jeppesen for Charts and Boeing OPT for Performance Calculations. All key flight data is at the pilots fingertips and in one place, inc: manuals, enroute charts, landing information, approach charts, fuel calculation and more. eForms are available to the pilots to complete during the flight.
- Step 6: Post-Flight, eForms / eReporting are available to the pilots: Pilots can use their App to report back to flight operations any important information such as an Occurrence Report.
The Webinar closes with an interactive live Q&A session.
- Introducing Modern.Work f.k.a. T&A SYSTEME
- Optimizing processes
- Logipad EFB functions on iPad and Windows-based devices
- Digital transformation: Logipad infrastructure moving from On Premises to Cloud, including comparison of both infrastructures
- And how all these functions and process optimizations helps to gain more security
- Key facts and Q&A with Logipad experts
About the Aircraft IT Webinar Series:
Every 2 weeks the Aircraft IT website hosts a different live Webinar, each Webinar hosted by a different IT Vendor. These sessions represent the perfect opportunity to learn about a software solution in a more informal manner and to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of all the major systems on the market, all from the comfort of your own office or home with no sales pressure.
The IT vendor provides a live software demonstration/masterclass of their solution and explains how it can benefit airlines, MROs, Operators, OEMs, Leasing Companies. Once logged on, online delegates can ask questions via the interactive sections of the Webinar or simply sit back and watch and listen to the demonstration. There are two sessions during the day, each differently times to accommodate all time zones.
Each Webinar session is recorded, and an On-Demand version is then posted back to the Aircraft IT website a few days after the live session to allow you to view the content again with your colleagues. The library of On-Demand Webinar recordings provides an invaluable reference source of MRO software demonstrations from the World’s leading MRO IT Vendors
For a full list of upcoming Webinars Click Here
For a full list of On-Demand Webinar sessions Click Here