Commsoft welcomes FL Technics to its growing base of OASES users
29 Jan 2014
Connect with Aircraft IT
Sign up to the Aircraft IT twitter feed for all the aviation industry's latest IT related news
Click here to learn about free Membership to Aircraft IT
Commsoft, a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems, is pleased to announce that the Lithuania-based FL Technics has joined the global OASES user community having signed a 5 year, 20 concurrent user contract.
FL Technics, a global provider of aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul solutions, serves customers from across Europe, the CIS and the Asia-Pacific region. An EASA Part-145, Part-M, Part-147, Part-21 certified company, as well as a Boeing GoldCare Program partner, FL Technics currently maintains a wide range of Boeing, Airbus, ATR, Embraer, Bombardier CRJ and other types of aircraft.
OASES, structured in a modular format, is designed to combine ease of use with a technical sophistication and commercial flexibility that led to FL Technics’ decision to start updating its existing MRO IT system. OASES has already been installed in a virtualised environment and an implementation team has commenced planning activities.
The present contract covers the use of the following OASES modules – Airworthiness, Planning and Core – which will be used initially for the Airbus A320 fleets of FL Technics’ customers. However, following the full and successful implementation of OASES, it is anticipated that the system’s use will be extended to the provision of CAMO and fleet management services for a number of other airlines in Russia, the CIS countries and beyond, including support for Boeing 737s and Bombardier CRJ-200/Challenger 850s.
Nick Godwin, MD of Commsoft, commented: “FL Technics is a significant global provider of both base and line maintenance services for a wide range of aircraft, so their decision to start implementing OASES as an alternative to their existing MRO IT system is clearly one that we’re delighted with. We have every confidence that a successful implementation process will lead to an ongoing and developing working relationship between the two companies. ”
“We are constantly looking for new solutions which would help us to improve our services and processes even further. We anticipate that with the support of the OASES system we will be able to ensure even faster provision and higher quality of our CAMO solutions as well as to expand our EASA-certified services to a wider range of carriers”, shared Andrius Norkevicius, COO of the Engineering and Planning Dep., FL Technics.
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System) which is currently in use by over 50 customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India and Singapore.
About FL Technics
- FL Technics is a global provider of tailor-made solutions for aircraft maintenance and repair. Company specializes in base and line maintenance, full aircraft engineering, engine management, spare parts and components support, logistics and distribution, technical training and consulting services, landing gear overhaul.
- FL Technics acts as one-stop-shop maintenance solutions’ provider for Commercial and Business aviation, serving customers from Europe, the CIS and Asia-Pacific. With offices in Lithuania, Russia, the United Kingdom, Poland, Italy and Malaysia, the company provides services in base maintenance facilities in Lithuania, as well as through an extensive network of Line Maintenance support across Europe, Asia Pacific and the CIS. FL Technics is an EASA Part-145, Part-M, Part-147, Part-21 certified company, as well as a Boeing GoldCare Program partner, with certificate approvals in Russia, Bermuda and other countries.
- FL Technics provides integrated technical services for Airbus A320 Family/A330/A340/A380; Boeing 737 CL/737 NG/747/757/767/777; Bombardier CRJ100/200; ATR 42/72; Embraer 135/145; Fokker 50/70/100 types of aircraft.
- FL Technics is a member of the Avia Solutions Group family – a WSE listed global provider of one-stop-shop aviation business solutions.