Flightman’s early market engagements were typically in consulting and systems integration projects with global carriers in “Lean Flight” consulting workshops and projects. This led the company to identify a significant opportunity in the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) software solutions area.
In April 2001, the company launched its’ first product, the eTechlog™ – an electronic version of the current paper-based technical log held aboard an aircraft. Following an extensive review of airline feedback and a number of value proposition workshops and focus groups with flight and engineering crews worldwide, the initial product offering has developed and grown in line with airlines’ specific requirements. The result of the developments to date is Flightman™ – the software framework that offers a complete solution for the connected aircraft; covering business processes, technical documentation, and vendor management thus allowing pilots, cabin crew, and ground engineers to capture and utilize operational information more efficiently and ultimately reduce operational costs.
Flightman (under the AMT brand name) has won several awards since its foundation, such as the ICT Excellence Award for “Best Example of Mobile Internet Technology”, recognizing its technology as state-of-the-art. Flightman continues to develop its product offering and is currently working on several new product developments in response to market demands.
Simpfly EFB Omni™ solution was designed with the startups and small operators in mind. We streamline your Flight Operations by implementing EFBs to your fleet and managing them on your behalf, through a continuous remote support.
Once your airline gets on-board of our innovative solution, Simpfly becomes part of your airline structure: you only need to assign a point of contact (such as DFO) and we take care of the rest.
Your daily operation will mature as an EFB-driven operation with confidence, as Simpfly takes care of all IT and Flight Operations Engineering tasks related to your EFB needed to assure your pilots have access to up-to-date data for a safe and compliant flight.
Get our white paper for detailed information on how (and how much) you will be able to save by adopting our EFB Omni™ solution.
ViaSat Electronic Flight Bag is a Portable Type A EFB, a hosted product suite that provides aircraft operators with a totally modular solution for EFBs and Document Management across web and mobile devices as well as Class 1, 2 and 3 EFBs in the flight deck.
- Digital Library – OEM and Airline operating manual Viewer. Supports Boeing and Airbus manuals (XML).
- Read+Sign – Flight Crew Notices and Messaging.
- Crew Report – EFB form management. Data capture reporting and flight archiving.
- Electronic Flight Folder – Distributing + Archiving of Flight Crew Briefing Packs.
- Portal – Display subset of crew portal content.
- Native – iOS and Windows.
- Best-in-class viewer, built around the pilot user experience.
- Reduce paper in the cockpit, which decreases weight and cuts down clutter.
- Reduce cost and workload required to update documents.
- Keep information up-to-date, enabling easy document revision (e.g., through wireless data transfer).
- Send flight reports quickly and effectively, allowing issues to be addressed more rapidly.
S4A Smart MOBILE is a fully capable EFB application providing airline crews with the tools to manage their entire flight during all flight phases. So your pre-flight briefing, departure, enroute, arrival and de-briefing are all covered! Thanks to our modular approach, you can select and pay only for required functionality.
S4A Smart MOBILE Components:
- Smart BRIEF (Pilot Briefing)
- Smart BRIEF CABIN (Cabin Crew Briefing)
- Smart CREW INFO (Calendar & Roster)
- Smart DOC (Operational Manuals)
- Smart eFORMS (Electronic Forms)
- Smart COMM (Communication and Alerting)
- Selected modules available on 3 platforms (iOS iPhone & iPad, Windows, Android)
- Modular based approach
- Single Sign-On feature for all integrated modules
- Extensive, web-based configuration systems
- Configurable synchronization process
- Possible integration with different MDM providers
ARMS® on the TAB™ …beyond EFB & ETL
“ARMS® on the TAB™” is a solution for aviation operators in their adoption of the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) and Electronic Tech Log (ETL) extending beyond EFB & ETL. The investment on this solution can enable migration to the use of the rapidly proliferating tablets for other user groups like Cabin Crew, M&E Crew and Load Masters, etc., all controlled by a unified Backend Server infrastructure.
Manages information in the air and on the ground
The Boeing Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) improves operational performance by bringing the technological advances of computer information delivery and management to the airplane flight deck, and by providing integrated solutions for managing information in the air and on the ground throughout the lifecycle of the airplane.
The EFB is a software and data services solution designed for multiple hardware platforms. It offers airlines advanced information management and delivers more accurate performance calculations, creating significant time and cost savings while increasing safety and streamlining the management of flight information.
Boeing offers a complete suite of EFB options from Class 1 to Class 3. Boeing’s Class 3 EFB is the only fully certified, integrated avionics EFB package in commercial service today. Boeing leverages this experience to bring integrated Class 1 and Class 2 EFB solutions to the market with the advantage of common application software packages and ground support software.
EFB capabilities include electronic charts and documents, aircraft performance calculations, accurate taxi maps for airplane moving map functions, and much more. The suite offered by Boeing allows the flexibility to choose the EFB that is right for each airplane, while keeping data and capabilities consistent across the fleet.
- Onboard Performance Tool – The Onboard Performance Tool allows flight crews and ground personnel to perform real-time calculations based on current weather and runway conditions, while adhering to company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Electronic Document Browser – The Electronic Document Browser software application gives pilots a quick and efficient tool for identifying the documents they need and pinpointing information when it is needed, all in an electronic format.
- Electronic Flight Folder – The Electronic Flight Folder enables the transmission of electronic day-of-flight information, such as flight plans and weather, to the Electronic Flight Bag, thereby improving flight crew operational effectiveness and reducing paper handling.
- Electronic Logbook- The Electronic Logbook replaces paper logbooks with computer-based logs that can be easily stored and shared.
- Jeppesen Electronic Charts (e-Charts) – The Jeppesen electronic terminal charts for the EFB provide rapid access to current flight-critical navigation information, while reducing and eventually eliminating the need for paper charts.
- Jeppesen Airport Moving Map (AMM) – The Jeppesen Airport Moving Map application helps orient the flight crew to the aircraft’s position on the ground in relation to runways, taxiways, and airport structures, without reference to paper charts.
- Jeppesen Data Distribution and Management (DDM) – The Data Distribution and Management system ensures that required data is delivered according to mutually agreed upon specifications.
Our EFB dashboard is one of the most complete and powerful in industry.
ACFT LINK is adapted for Class 1 and 2 EFB and includes latest high-tech communication tools.
The new lay-out is a state of the art design.
AVIOBOOK, a Thales Group company, is uniquely positioned to bring together the latest robust technologies to design world-class secure, easy to use software and hardware solutions for all types of aircraft. With extensive experience in software and hardware, our innovative solutions maximise the efficiency of aircraft and their crew. We provide integrated applications, systems and services to increase operational efficiency and enhance operational decision making.
Software: Our AVIOBOOK application suite
Pilots, cabin crew, dispatchers and ground staff can use the AVIOBOOK application suite anywhere and anytime without having to create new working sessions each time, making communication between the cockpit, cabin and back-office faster and more efficient than ever before. The software suite consists of AvioBook, AvioCabin, AvioConnect, AvioTech and AvioBase.
AvioSystems is our hardware solutions and includes:
- Thales Pad: a Windows®-based tablet specifically designed for cockpit operations;
- Dock & Fly system: a smart docking solution for pilots to safely use their tablet EFBs during all phases of flights, including a tablet shell and a smart adaptor. It is designed to accommodate a wide range of devices, currently including Apple® iPad Air 2® And Ipad Pro 9.7″;
- The mounting & power installation compatible with both Thales Pad and Dock & Fly system;
- AvioCast: an all-in-one QAR/AID/Onboard server/WAP device installed in the cockpit.
- AvioCyber: AVIOBOOK offers its cyber expertise to aviation leaders eager to sly secure and protect their valuable data;
- AvioData: it provides efficient, reliable and qualitative data deliveries to avionics (Navigation DataBase) & related services and options;
- AvioIntegrations: a dedicated team focusing entirely on the agile systems integration of the airline’s back-end systems;
- AvioHosting: hosting, failover and backup services
24/7 support, approval support, training & documentation
The Paperless Flight Bag
IFS delivers next generation Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) solutions to the aerospace industry, under the product name the Paperless Flightbag (PFB). We live in a fast moving world, and IFS believes in working together with you the customer to deliver the solution you need at the time you need it. We strive to meet your needs with flexibility and cooperation. To do this we have developed two base solutions: The PFB for iPad and the PFB for Windows. Both are highly configurable, and we work hard to make the tools and process of customizing the solutions as quick and easy as possible.
(Class I & Class II)
The Paperless Flightbag for iPad is a next generation solution that mirrors the successful IFS platform created for Windows based hardware devices. It has all of the same functionality and features you will find in our conventional EFB software solutions. An iPad based EFB System is highly practical and compares favorably with competing technology. Another advantage is the ease and speed of set up either as a Class I or II hardware.
(Class I & Class II)
The Paperless Flightbag for Windows platform is the next step up from the PFB iPad app, as it is a a fully integrated software platform running on a Windows 7 or XP OS with a wide array of functionality. You may choose to incorporate the PFB platform on cockpit-mounted computers (Class II), or use it with stow–able laptops (Class I). Either way the customer has the option of choice with this comprehensive and configurable solution.
NAVBLUE an Airbus Company
NAVBLUE is a leading wholly owned Airbus company, dedicated to Flight Operations & Air Traffic Management solutions and services for airlines, airports, and Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs).
We combine aircraft manufacturer expertise, flight operations know-how and agile development to enhance operational efficiency, optimize resources and increase productivity for safe and sustainable aviation. Our global teams deliver a reliable, optimum and customized user experience to more than 500 customers worldwide.