S4A Smart BRIEF provides the automated preparation of the Briefing Package including an OFP, Weather and NOTAM information, Volcanic Ash Information, NAT-tracks messages, Route Maps, SIGWX, UAD charts, Icing Charts, and other customer related information. One-click access to the Briefing Package reduces both the Dispatcher and Flight Crew workload. Integration with Smart MET and Smart NOTAM MANAGER, allows immediate access to the WX and NOTAM messages of airports on a global scale which is a great advantage of the system. Smart VIEW (integrated part of Smart BRIEF) allows both dispatchers and pilots to brief in a graphical way with its interactive and dynamic map. A user may zoom in an area of interest, see the route and the weather on an arbitrary selected flight level. The built-in weather and NOTAM monitoring features make it an ideal solution for both dispatch and flight crew. The system collects data from external sources: flight planning system, live WX providers, and NOTAM providers. It also allows to manually or automatically customize the content of a briefing package with documents (attachments) uploaded from a file system or taken from our Smart DOC module which is an extensive, easy-to-use, fully configurable repository for all types of operations-related documents. It includes a number of additional features, all combined in one easy-to-access, web-based application tailored to the individual needs of each user.
There are several submodules built into mobile part of the application:
– NAVLOG which gives the possibility to complete all waypoint related data and thus keep track of the flight’s progress in the enroute phase. It features recalculation of times and fuel-on-board values, as well as adding/deleting waypoints to customize a route. NAVLOG integrates with the flight planning system and presents the entire flight from pushback to arrival including all flight specific waypoints and airways. NAVLOG allows for easy flight progress reporting and deviation. Re-routing is easily managed by our worldwide navigational database.
– FUEL ORDER module is developed specifically as a flight crew fuel ordering solution. It is integrated with the flight planning system to present the fuel and weight values in an interactive way allowing the flight crew to order fuel, and make last minute changes using the EFB device. The crew can order additional fuel based on airline specific rules and send this request directly to the fuel supplier and flight dispatch when required. Fuel and weight values are calculated within the application base on aircraft specific and/or flight plan limitations.The advantages of this module include 2 way communication between Pilots, dispatch, fueller and handling agent that is fully electronically auditable when required.
– ATC FLIGHT PLAN is our one click access to the filed ICAO flight plan taken directly from the OFP. It is immediately accessible and can be copied/exported for overlay onto a route chart or map.
– SCRATCH PAD (IFR and ATIS) is a handy tool that allows noting and storing ATIS and ATC clearances. You can use a stylus or finger to write your changes or notes on the screen.
– ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE for flight crew acceptance: S4A Smart PORTAL MOBILE provides an easy means for mandatory acceptance of the OFP by the operational flight crew.
Web-based solution with secure access
Context-sensitive weather and NOTAMs monitoring
Interactive maps with flight-related information (ETOPS, WX trends, etc.)
Real-time airline operations view
Visualisation of flight on the map powered by S4A Smart VIEW component
Ability to retrieve Briefing Packages with a mobile device
Automatic flights releasing and briefings sending
Customizable, flight-dependent content for Briefing Packages
Intuitive flight list with innovative search engine